we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information that we or our search partner(s) may collect from you or that you may provide when you use our services and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- When you use or interact with our services.
- In your email, text, and other electronic messages with us.
- Through our desktop extensions.
Third Party Web Search
Children Under the Age of 13
Our services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or through our services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information through our services. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect the following information from you:
- IP Address
- Install-ID (for installations of specific software such as Browser Extensions)
- Cookie Id
- URL Referrer
- Search terms
- Support Related Information
We consider this information to be PII, meaning that without this information, we would not reasonably be able to identify you. Company processes this information on the basis that it is a data controller of the PII. This is how we use this information:
To provide you with the search services and functionality, including providing you with the search results of our web search partners in response to your online search queries. We delete this data once our fraud and lifetime value assessment has been completed (as discussed in the next paragraphs). For this purpose, Company processes this information on the basis of a legitimate interest of an individual’s right to freedom of expression, including the freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas.
We will share search term and your IP address with Microsoft, our search partner who provides you with certain aspects of the search services and functionality, including the results of your search queries. To learn more about information collected by Microsoft, please click here. You can opt-out of Microsoft’s personalized advertising services by following the instructions found here.
To detect and prevent fraud on its Software & Services
Company needs the combination of IP Address, Cookie Id, Install-ID, URL and Search Term to conduct fraud detection on potentially fraudulent and illegal uses of the Software & Services. We need this information for 3 months to conduct this fraud analysis. Following this 3 month period, we will delete all data except for the Cookie-ID and Install-ID which we use for business performance which we discuss in the next paragraph. For this purpose, Company processes this information on the basis of a legitimate interest for preventing fraud.
In performing fraud detection and prevention, we use the services of third parties who will receive and access your PII.
To Provide personal photos catalog (product feature)
Company will store photos you upload in a secure, private cloud location. Photos will not be shared with any third parties. Personal photos will remain in our cloud until/unless users delete them (or request that we delete them).
To assess the lifetime value of a user
In our experience, business performance in search is measured over a 24 month period, including, the lifetime value of a users that use our Software & Services. For that purpose, Company retains the Cookie-ID and Install-ID and the number of search queries performed (but not the actual search query itself) performed by each ID for a period of 24 months from the initial collection. For this purpose, Company processes this information on the basis of a legitimate interest for its business operations and internal due diligence.
We also use Support Related Information you provide to us to provide you with support and handle your complaints and feedback. This information will not be connected with any other information collected from you on or through the Software & Services, including, any individual ID generated or collected by us, unless you ask as to. For this purpose, Company processes this information on the basis of a legitimate interest and performance of a contract with you.
We will retain this information for the time it takes to provide you with the support you requested and to handle your complaints. We may keep your information for longer periods in case of disputes and other legitimate reasons described in the next section “Disputes and Enforcement; Applicable law, regulations or Enforceable Governmental Request”.
Disputes and Enforcement; Applicable law, regulations or Enforceable Governmental Request.
We use your PII and Support Related Information to take action in case of a dispute involving you in connection with the Software & Services and to enforce the terms and conditions applicable to the Software & Services. We also use your PII to comply with legal and regulatory requirements (e.g., the disclosure of information to law enforcement or tax authorities), and to protect against suspicious or other illegal activities.
For this purpose, we may share your information with law enforcement or other competent authorities and any third party, as may be required (e.g to respond to claims or satisfy any legal process, subpoena, or governmental request; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Company’s users, its partners, or the general public). We will also share this information with our professional advisors in the scope of this purpose.
We will retain this Personal Information for the amount of time as required by law to fulfill the above purposes. This may include ensuring that we have an accurate record of your dealings in the event of any complaints or challenges, or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation relating to your PII or dealings.
Use of Non-PII
Company uses non-PII information it collects for the following purposes:
- To operate and update the Software & Services, including in connection with Software & Services provided to our business partners, and to provide you with existing and new functionality and features of the Software & Services.
- To improve, fix and customize the Software & Services;
- To monitor, analyze and optimize your use of the Software & Services, including analyzing seasonal and annual usage trends and providing certain technical and usage information to our business partners as part of the services we provide; and
- To maintain and improve the quality and operation of the Software & Services, including, monitoring viewability of and interaction with advertisements, search results and other products and services provided by Company.
We retain this information for as long as necessary to fulfill our business and/or operational purposes or comply with a legal request. We may also choose to anonymize parts of your PII so that it can no longer be identifiable or attributable to any person if we want to keep it for longer periods of time than the retention periods set forth above.
Additional Sharing of PII with Third Parties
We may also share your information in the following events:
In the event Company goes through a business transition such as a merger or acquisition by another company, consolidation, change of control, reorganization, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your information will be among the assets transferred.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our services may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our services. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Portions of our services may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that allow us, for example, to count users who have visited pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our services and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property, or for our safety, and that of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your personal information in response to valid requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can also generally opt-out of receiving personalized ads from third party advertisers and ad networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt-out pages on the NAI site and DAA site.
- To limit the use and disclosure of your personal information, please submit a written request here.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
We desire to keep you in control of the personal information you provide to us. Accordingly, you can review, correct, change, or remove the personal registration information you provide to us and that we control. To choose not to receive future communications from us, please Contact Us.
You may also send us an email here to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the services.
giveWater has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit https://www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers for more information and to file a complaint.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint, you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolutions procedures have been exhausted.